This marks the first in what I hope will be a series entitled "Peer Review". I'm doing this because I suck at telling people how I really feel about them, and usually don't communicate my feelings well. I blame my penis.

I'm starting with Bernie because she's a very important person to me. First off, I count her as a friend. I don't use this word lightly. There are only a few people I count on as true friends. I like a number of people, but am friends with a few.

Bernie is many things: beautiful, fun, smart, witty, blisteringly funny, reliable, loving, kind, considerate ... well, I could go on, but you get the idea. What I really like about her is the fact that she is supportive of her friends and loved ones, and will be there for them when she is needed.

When I broke up with my ex (we had lived together for a few years), she was the person I called. It meant a lot for me to know that I could call her at any ungodly hour and she would listen and offer me what sympathies she could. That is a moment I will always remember her for.

Bernie is a member of my theatre company (Theatre Nefarious). She is on the Executive Board because she is funny, because she is a great improviser, and because she is trustworthy. If she says she will do something, she will. That is a very valuable trait.

So there you have it. Now fuck off.