Monday, September 26, 2005

Random Memories - Rear Ending

Sometimes, I think its fun to record random memories of past events. I was talking with some co-workers today about various things, and the subject turned to car accidents. It made me think of an particularly annoying incident from my past.

I was driving along, and was approaching a green light, where I wished to turn right. I pulled up behind two other cars, and stopped, waiting for them to turn, or just drive straight ahead. But they didn't move - they both just sat there.

I stuck my head out the window for a better view, and I realized what the problem was. The car ahead of me had rear-ended the car in front of it. They were both stopped because of the accident. I then returned to my seat, and turned around to make sure that the traffic was clear for me to change lanes.

As I am looking behind me, my car rocks with a resounding thud. I turn back to face the front, and discover that the lady in front of me has actually backed into my car. That's right. After rear ending the poor sucker in front, she backed into my fucking car.

I was furious. F.U.R.I.O.U.S. About as angry as I can get. I got out of the car, prepared to scream and freak out, and have an overall cathartic shout fest. When I reached her car, I found she was sitting there, crying.

Fuck.

I can't yell at someone who is already fundamentally down. It just isn't in my nature. So rather than enjoying a nice screaming match, I ended up feeling bad for her. Which sucked, because my anger had nowhere to go. I returned to my car, and just drove away.

No comments: