Friday, November 18, 2005

Anthony's Song

Well, apparently, I have the apartment. It's mine. I'm meeting the owner on Sunday to sign the lease. Its a nice place. Not huge, but its only me, so I don't need a lot of space. The rent includes heat/hydro, and the place has central air conditioning. It has new appliances, as well as a whirlpool bathtub. There's also a large storage room which, technically, I could convert into another bedroom if I so wished. There's also a fenced-in back yard, so I can let the dog out to do her business without having to take her for a walk (when it gets cold).

There's a park just down the street, so that's certainly handy. Right across the street there's a community center with a swimming pool. It will be nice to have a pool directly across the street!
There's a lot to love about this place; one of my favourite aspects is the living room. I swear it looks like it could have been the rec room for the Brady Bunch. It features wood paneling (tres chic), as well as a bar built into one wall. The bar also has a large mirrored wall behind it.

Even the door to the storage room has been covered by that weird-assed fake naugahyde shite that is used to cover the bar. The door is also padded, so if I am ever overcome by the desire to run head-first, full tilt into the door, I can do so without fear of serious injury. Seriously, the padding is like 8 inches thick.

I am really looking forward to this. Even the idea of moving seems thrilling and exciting, and normally I hate moving. I can't wait to start furnishing the place, slowly at first, considering I'm pretty much broke again. I'm looking forward to having some privacy; I'm looking forward to being able to write without constant interruptions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo..
I knew crossing all my bits would help..:-)
welcome to your new pad!!

M :-)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

JGH